- Waking up on Sunday morning to the sound of rain outside the window, just lying in the dark thinking, “I don’t have to get up right now. I can enjoy this.”
- Downton Abbey (how am I just now watching this?) and Maggie Smith portraying the Dowager Countess with lines like, “Of course it would happen to a foreigner. No Englishman would dream of dying in someone else’s house.”
- Late brunch on Sunday (well let’s be honest, if you don’t eat until 1:00, it was lunch with eggs, but whatever you call it, it was delicious).
- Birthday cards and birthday presents and birthday phone calls. It is nice to be remembered.
- Finding out that my college roommate, Kaitlyn, won’t be going out of town after all, so I get to spend all weekend with her!
- The new Valentine’s Day Pact that David and I agreed to Saturday night. It is as follows: one “Fancy” dinner out between my birthday and Valentine’s (but never on Valentine’s Day, because crowded) and we will wait to buy chocolate until it goes on sale on February 15th (his), provided we only buy the good stuff (mine).
- Getting the photo booth pictures back from our wedding. Man, my family is awesome. And embarrassing. And awesome. Also, it is official that I look about as uncomfortable as I feel when taking goofy pictures. I definitely got my loud, fast-talking speech from the Fullerton’s, but the goofy gene got lost in translation.
- New books.
- I GET TO SEE MY FAMILY THIS WEEKEND!!!
- @PopeRandyHarris. I don’t know who is responsible for this. I only know that I love them.
Purgatory now redefined as sitting through worship assemblies where you have to sing the same chorus 25 times. #randyharrispope2013
— Randall Harris (@poperandyharris) February 12, 2013